Monday, May 23, 2011

Slip Sliding Away

"Oops. I'm still wearing my slippers!"

Both Ilona and Acacia busted up laughing, but I'm pretty sure Acacia - Don't Look At Me - Cofman would have preferred if her mother had not been walking around Bed, Bath & Beyond looking like an institutional escapee. The last time I left the house in slippers I noticed as soon as I opened the car door and stepped in a pile of slushy snow - I'm quick that way - then squelched my way into the Christmas play of one of the girls' friends. An important part of being a parent is embarrassing your children, and I take my role very seriously.

Ilona and Michel were here this weekend on their way to here. The girls were very confused. They arrived Saturday evening and left Sunday, but they'll be back again next weekend after some days of visiting friends and sorting out their stuff in Santa Fe. And then, for the first time in my life, there will be grandparents living nearby. (Mine all lived in Holland and my parents are in Canada.) This, as Martha Stewart would say, is a good thing (having them near that is, not in other countries).

So while they were here they stocked their new place with cleaning supplies and toilet paper and all those things they won't have time to deal with but will be glad they have when the moving van arrives. Which means that I had to shuffle around City Market as well, while Acacia kept her distance. Did I mention I was wearing a skirt? Yup. Those furry slippers were in full view...

It's fun being a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment