Friday, May 10, 2013

The Things We Do

I was excited for Acacia, I swear. A new challenge and adventure in her life. But as we drove the six and a half hours each way to Denver for her gymnastics meet, I did at one point calculate how long her total performance was going to be in comparison. I think the grand sum was four minutes. Maybe six.





(I've never added a video before. Hopefully this works.)



She ended up placing 4th on beam, 3rd on floor, 1st on vault, 1st on bars, and 2nd all 'round. Admittedly, the competition wasn't too steep, but it was perfect for a first competition.

I can tell you exactly how long we drove, and how much we paid for gas and accommodations, etc. But what she gained in confidence was, as they say, priceless.

Pretty cool stuff.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment