Tuesday, December 10, 2013

WOT?

The question is always the same:

"What's for dinner, Mom?"

Today I got a, "WOT?!?" from Acacia when I answered, "Grilled Mahi Mahi with shredded Brussels sprouts and kale salad."

"You trying to poison us?"

"Yes, with love and health, my precious."

Grabs her throat and pretends to be gasping for air.

"Yum. Sounds good. I'm starving." With her head in a Fine Cooking magazine, Cayenne ignored her sister's theatrics until Acacia got louder and started falling off her chair. Only after Acacia got a smile out of Cayenne did she recover from her death throes.


And you know what? Turns out it was "actually some of the best fish I've ever had." Yup. Those words escaped Acacia's lips.

It's a Christmas Miracle.

   

1 comment:

  1. Shredded Brussels in a salad sounds yummy - just raw, washed and shredded?

    ReplyDelete