Monday, September 15, 2014

Life Lessons After Hours

Both Cayenne and Acacia were already in bed when I called up the stairs, "Did you brush your teeth?"

"Yup!"

"Yup!"

I went to tuck them in and knew instantly Acacia hadn't brushed her teeth.

"You brushed your teeth?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Kind of."

"I know you didn't brush your teeth. Cayenne? What about you?" I called.

Silence.

"Get up, mes filles! Go brush your teeth. Both of you."

"But MOM! It's midnight. Can't we just go to sleep?"

"You could have if you hadn't lied to me."

Cayenne slipped out of her bed and was brushing before Acacia whipped back her sheets with an, "Are you kidding me?!"

Stomp stomp stomp

"This is not okay!"

Brush brush brush

"It's midnight!"

And it was. We had spent the evening with Michel and Ilona, who had chosen to make a Timbale Milanese so we would have leftovers to take home, and a Mousse au Chocolate because Nicolas wasn't there (just kidding, Nico). And then we watched The Horse Whisperer.

 

(Photos taken with my phone in low light. I apologize for the low quality.)




And now it's Monday, the girls are enjoying their Timbale for lunch at school, they've hopefully forgotten that they hated me at midnight last Friday, and remembered that it's not okay to lie.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment