Monday, October 31, 2011

Googly Eyes

Is it twisted that I brought eyeballs to Acacia's class Halloween party?

The irony of it was lost on me until I looked at them, they stared back at me, and I thought, "Oops!" But Nick thought they were great. I didn't know what I was going to make for the party until I walked into City Market and saw the biggest green grapes ever. I dipped them in white chocolate, inserted chocolate chip pupils and added some veins. Martha Stewart, eat your heart out! They were a mouthful and popped when your teeth clamped down, just like a real eye would.


The funny thing is Nick's eye doctor was at Acacia's party. ha!


If you're going to be That Mom who brings fruit to a Halloween party, you have to make it fun, right? Acacia said the kids loved them and ate everything off the plate.

Success!!

 

4 comments:

  1. I can't help but wonder how you know what a real eye would feel like when chomped on?!!!! Nice post Kim, and nice eye-platter!
    And yes, in FL the cockroaches can be nearly as big as Bear, but certainly not nearly as nice! He was gorgeous indeed, and I could not have wished for a more amazing first bear sighting! Thanks, P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you tell the kids that you'd hidden Nick's missing eye among the grape ones? Mwah ha ha! They look brilliantly gruesome. g xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petra: 10th grade Biology! Dissected cow's eyes... not that we chomped on them...
    Gill: Nick's eye was far more gruesome...
    and Hanna: Tak!!

    ReplyDelete