Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

My New Year's Resolution is to add sass to my voice. Not Marilyn Monroe sass, but pre-teen what-do-you-want-and-why-are-you-bothering-me sass so the girls can hear what it sounds like. It comes quite naturally to me - you'll be surprised to learn - which tells me I was probably pretty good at it at the age of ten (and 11, and 12...). It also means there's a chance they will, eventually, leave it behind. Maybe. Hopefully.

Seriously? You mean we're spending the first day of the year skiing?? On our last day of vacation? (I have to remember to inject some whine into it. And then to inject some wine into me until the teenage years pass!)

And skiing was a hoot. It's been in the 50s (10*C) for ages so it was like spring skiing, and it's got to be said, the whole family had fun. Even the tortured ones.














The first of the year means my Month-o-Nog has come to an end. This is always a bit of a sad realisation, although my heart would probably disagree: I wonder if my cholesterol level changes at all after a month of devouring fresh eggnog. Have you had homemade nog lately? Not the gelatinous super-sweet gloop from the grocery store. I mean really, good, eggnog. If not, click on the recipe link on the right and whisk away those memories of the yellow slime of yore.

Another thing I've realised is this here blog has been viewed nearly 10,000 times. So to all you wonderful people in here in the US, Canada, France, Denmark, the UK, Portugal, the Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Mozambique, Italy, Switzerland, Indonesia, Angola, Namibia, Australia, Malaysia, South Africa, Kenya, Germany, The Caymans, Sweden, Mexico, Japan, Vietnam and Thailand (phew! that list makes my heart sing!!) - thank you for tuning in. I love the feedback you've sent via email and the comments section. I usually don't reply because blogspot doesn't let you know when I do that, so I figure you probably won't see it anyway. But I enjoy them, for sure.

To every single one of you: Happy New Year, from my family to yours.


(This is the inside of our Christmas card this year. Please don't be offended if you didn't receive one in the mail, as I sent to family first and forgot how big my family is! Ran out of cards quickly.)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    With love from Tufnell Park, London, England.

    Gill xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.... when we meet next time no-matter how hot it is outside - you'll make me an eggnod.... never had one must be about time... enjoy your pre-teens will they be too old next year for the 4 sundays in a row... time will tell ♥ you all

    B'nana

    ReplyDelete