Thursday, October 11, 2012

Stop This Ride!

Can someone please stop our planet for a week so I can get off this ride, catch up with life, and climb back on??? My apologies to any of you who have faithfully checked in to peek at what's been going on at Camp Cofman, only to hear the crickets chirp.

Acacia hit double digits on September 24th and it took about a week to celebrate it Acacia-style, starting with a double birthday party at Michel & Ilona's. With my 45th just three days later, we economized on the celebration - but not the food. Acacia requested anything with sausage and Ilona got to work on homemade Italian pizza fit to rival anything in the Four Corners region... That said, a new place downtown is about to open, so Ilona may have competition soon! Last weekend Petra and I enjoyed the parade of homes and Fired Up Pizza was on the tour. They served free pizza and barley vodka basil lemonades. Needless to say, it was our most lengthy visit on the tour and they were calling us by name by the time we left.

But I digress. Like her sister, Acacia got a bedroom makeover for her birthday - but I got smart this time and allotted three days to do it, so was less suicidal by the time it was done.


 Once the last pillow was in place, I realized this is the room I never knew I always wanted.


Cayenne helped make the box on the wall to the left of the window
for Acacia to hang her jewelry and store her nail polish.


Painting on the furniture and walls felt so naughty - like my Mom was going to walk in and flip out at any minute - it was pure pleasure!
(I found the mirror at a thrift store - this very heavy oak one was just what I was searching for - and because it was only $17.50, I didn't mind testing the paint idea on it. 
I had so much fun I went a little nuts on the rest of the room...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckily, while I was busy making sure Acacia's birthday was just right, next door Petra was sending out invites to make sure mine would be too. Good times!!




Thank you Petra!

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I was thinking about how multi-talented you are on my way to work this morning (and wondering when you were next going to write something). Love the room (including the Peace/Love sign)! Did you paint the bedside cabinet as well?

    Has the floor remained free of clothes...? ; )

    g x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got the nightstand at a garage sale a few years ago. Remodeling on the cheap is one of my not-so-multi-talents!

      Delete
    2. (PS: The Peace & Love sign is broken glass like a disco ball. Groovy!)

      Delete