Sunday, September 1, 2013

Plummage

Apologies to any active members of PETA but...

I HATE RACCOONS!

Nick is home for the weekend and tonight while we were eating our tomates farcies, he mentioned that if I wanted any Reine Claude plums this year, I had better get them now.

"Now? Like, right now?"

"Yup."

And there they were, slinking up to the tree as I approached it.

"Scram you rabid thieving nasty little weasels!"

And they did, surely expecting to come back later on for some plum pillaging. But ha HAAAAA, I got them all, SUCKAS! Or, at least, all the those they didn't have room for in their extended bellies last night. To be exact, they got 3.5lbs of the 6lbs my resilient Reine produced this season, after being ravaged by the bears last year.



But the last 2.5lbs are MINE!

Now I need to pick the apples and pears before the bears get 'em.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment